floor51 is looking to fill two new posts immedialtely
Java Software Developer Cambridge
floor51 is on the lookout for someone who is both versatile and technically strong. You’ll need to thrive in a small team environment where you need to be proactive and add value through your own contribution. Every day will be different, and this will suit someone who likes flexibility in their working experience and likes using their own initiative. This is a start-up environment and the successful candidate will need to be someone prepared to turn their hand to anything and to learn new skills all the time.
You will be responsible for the build, development and support of new software products and services.
We are a new and fast-growing software engineering company delivering high value, specialist solutions and products to the Telecom industry. We are industry insiders, having worked for many years in the Telecoms sector and with deep practical experience of the challenges and opportunities faced by operators, service providers and manufacturers in this fast moving and highly competitive industry.
Key: Red is essential, Blue is useful
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Linux including system scripting
- A bit of Android and or Swift
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, or related subject preferred but not essential.
Proven working experience in software development
A levels and long-term experience of developing software applications
Industry certifications always useful
Location and Working environment
floor51 is a small company and whilst our core hours are 10-6, we allow flexible working.
The business activity is centred around Cambridge
Some home working is allowed
Development machines and software licenses provided
Personal Training and development programme
Competitive salary depending upon experience up to £50k.
Performance related bonus
Company share option scheme after 12 months
Excellent opportunity to expand a skill set and be instrumental in the development of emerging products
Part-Time Linux System Administrator
One/two day per week in Cambridge
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, and servers to ensure that our products and systems operate efficiently
- Monitoring system performance
- Database management
- Issue resolution
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Update Ubuntu systems with new releases and manage change control
- Manage operation of servers and tools
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Monitor and maintain system performance
- Troubleshoot issues
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Proven experience as a System Administrator
- Linux experience essential
- Ability to create scripts in Bash, Perl, Python, or other language
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Familiarity with MySQL, Percona Monitoring, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket/git a plus
Get in touch
To find out more or to send us your bio use firstname.lastname@example.org